Connect with the Alf Museum from the comfort of your own classrooms! Reserve a virtual tour and discover the Museum in a fun, engaging, and interactive online experience hosted by an Alf Museum educator.
Alf Museum Virtual Tours are hosted online using ZOOM video conferencing and require a computer/smart device, webcam, and the internet.
Available Virtual Experiences
Designed for grades: 2nd – 4th grade
Length: 30 – 45 minutes
When you think of fossils, most people think of the “terrible lizards” of the Mesozoic, the dinosaurs! In this digital field trip, Alf Museum educators help students discover some amazing dinosaur fossils from the Alf Museum collection and discuss basic principles of paleontology: what are (and aren’t) fossils; what makes a dinosaur a dinosaur; how are dinosaurs classified; and what was the world of the dinosaurs like. In this two-way interactive experience, students are encouraged to ask questions and expand their perspectives about the world of dinosaurs.
Length: 50 – 60 minutes
Join an Alf Museum educator for a trip through time as your classroom explores the VIRTUAL Alf Museum Hall of Life and Hall of Footprints! In this interactive experience, students will see some amazing fossil displays and discuss paleontological concepts like deep time, extinction, and evolution.
Click here to reserve a virtual experience for the 2021-22 school year.
An Alf Museum staff member will contact you to confirm your reservation after you complete the online form.
- Virtual tours are currently being offered at no cost. (subject to change)
- Experiences are subject to availability. See below for available time slots.
- Experiences currently only offered within the United States between 9am – 3pm PST.
- Due to time and resource limitations, we currently are only able to offer these experiences for groups (not individuals).
- Minimum number of attendees is 10. Maximum number of attendees is 100.
- Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks before your preferred date.
- Coming Soon: We will have pre-recorded tours available, as an alternative for individuals!
Virtual Experience Availability
For information or questions about tour cancellations, to reserve a loan kit, or to schedule virtual tours, please contact our education staff:
- Tours Manager, Monique Reyes, at 909-482-5229, or email at email@example.com