- Monday through Friday: 8 am – 4 pm
- Saturday: 10 am – 4 pm
- Sunday: Closed
- Closed for staff holidays on November 27–30, 2019; December 23, 2019–January 2, 2020; April 10, 2020; July 4, 2020
**Attention all museum guests. Due to construction on The Webb Schools campus, we advise guests to please follow all signs for your safety and the safety of others. For guests requiring assistance, please contact the museum office at (909) 624-2798.
- General – $9.00
- Youth (5-18) – $7.00
- College Student (w/ID) – $7.00
- Senior (65+) – $7.00
- 4 and under – Free
Know Before You Go
- The Alf Museum is located on the campus of The Webb Schools, at 1175 West Baseline Road, Claremont, California 91711.
- Please enter campus at the main driveway from West Baseline Road (not Webb Canyon Road).
- Although the Alf Museum is open to the public, the rest of The Webb Schools campus is in use as a residential high school and is closed to visitors. For the safety of our students, all museum visitors must check-in at The Webb Schools security welcome kiosk in the main parking lot and have a valid picture ID. Thank your for your understanding!
- Picnicking is not permitted in or outside of the museum. Park facilities are available nearby at Memorial Park at 10th and Indian Hill Blvd. in Claremont.
- Professional photography and video equipment beyond a DSLR or handheld camera are not allowed without prior permission from museum staff. Drones are strictly prohibited on The Webb Schools campus.
- For more information, see our Visitor Information Page.
- Raymond Alf biography now available March 22, 2019 Dr. Raymond Alf, perhaps the greatest educator in the history of The Webb Schools, was an incredible educator and coach who lived on campus for nearly 70 years. Alf was ...
- World Class Collections Make a World Class Museum April 3, 2018 For decades, the Alf Museum has hosted stellar exhibits, students, staff, lab spaces, and fossils—yet, the collections storage space for priceless documents of past life did not match our aspirations ...
- Rare tooth find reveals horned dinosaurs in eastern North America June 7, 2017 New research from Augustyn Family Curator, Dr. Andy Farke A chance discovery in Mississippi provides the first evidence of an animal closely related to Triceratops in eastern North America. The fossil, ...
- Spotlight: Cavity Mounts May 30, 2016 Fossils break. It happens. But that doesn’t mean we can’t try and prevent breaks in the first place. One new way we are doing this at the museum is to ...
In the News
- Paleontologist & Educator Tsiory Andrianavalona Receives 2019 Alf Award October 19, 2019 On October 18, the Raymond M. Alf Museum of Paleontology recognized Dr. Tsiory Andrianavalona with the Alf Award for Excellence in Paleontological Research and Education at the annual Peccary Society ...
- Paleontologist & Educator Greg Wilson Honored by Alf Museum December 3, 2018 On October 12, the Raymond M. Alf Museum of Paleontology recognized Dr. Greg Wilson with the Alf Award for Excellence in Paleontological Research and Education at the annual Peccary Society ...
- Paleontologist & Educator Bolortsetseg Minjin Honored by Alf Museum October 18, 2017 Dr. Bolortsetseg Minjin, noted paleontologist and educator, has been selected as the third recipient of the Raymond M. Alf Award for Excellence in Paleontological Research and Education. The award honors ...
- Remembering Life Trustee Hugh Rose July 24, 2017 On July 4, 2017, the Raymond M. Alf Museum of Paleontology lost Hugh Rose, one of its most cherished leaders and supporters. At age 90, Hugh passed away from natural ...