Plan Your Visit
- Wednesday through Saturday: 10 am – 4 pm
- Sunday/Monday/Tuesday: Closed
- Hours subject to change
- Upcoming closures: November 23 – 25; December 23 – January 3
- General – $12.00
- Youth (5-18) – $9.00
- Student (w/ID) – $9.00
- Senior (65+) – $9.00
- 4 and Under – Free
- EBT & WIC cardholders – Free
- Museum Staff Promoted to New Positions July 11, 2022The Alf Museum is excited to announce some big changes! Two members of our team, Gabriel Santos and Bailey Jorgensen, are stepping into new positions at the Alf. Gabriel Santos is ...
- Paleontologist, Dr. Mairin Balisi, Joins Alf Museum as New Curator July 5, 2022Paleontologist Mairin Balisi, an expert in fossil mammal carnivorans – such as dogs and cats – has joined the Alf Museum as the new Augustyn Family Curator of Paleontology. Balisi earned ...
- Announcing the ACCESS Paleo SoCAL Internship February 28, 2022The Raymond M. Alf Museum of Paleontology is excited to announce the launch of the ACCESS Paleo SoCal Internship developed in collaboration with the University of California Museum of Paleontology. The ...
In the News
- Alf Museum’s Director of Visitor Engagement and Education Receives National Honor November 18, 2022Gabriel-Philip Santos, the Alf Museum’s director of visitor engagement and education, has been honored for his exceptional service to the field of paleontology with the 2022 John and Mary Lou Pojeta Award. Santos ...
- The Alf Museum Joins the Museums for All Initiative August 23, 2022Natural history museums are places for everyone to discover more about this amazing world we all share, but cost of admission can be a barrier for many in our community. ...
- Cougars hunting introduced donkeys rewires ancient food in Death Valley July 29, 2022A new study from the Raymond M. Alf Museum of Paleontology and collaborator institutions shows that cougars in the deserts of southern California and Arizona are hunting feral donkeys, filling ...