- Monday through Friday: 8 am – 4 pm
- Saturday: 1 pm – 4pm (September – May only)
- Sunday: Closed
- Announcement: the museum will be closed on October 10th and 12th. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- General – $9.00
- Youth (5-18) – $7.00
- College Student (w/ID) – $7.00
- Senior (65+) – $7.00
- 4 and under – Free
Know Before You Go
- The Alf Museum is located on the campus of The Webb Schools, at 1175 West Baseline Road, Claremont, California 91711.
- Please enter campus at the main driveway from West Baseline Road (not Webb Canyon Road).
- Although the Alf Museum is open to the public, the rest of The Webb Schools campus is in use as a residential high school and is closed to visitors. For the safety of our students, all museum visitors must check-in at The Webb Schools security welcome kiosk in the main parking lot and have a valid picture ID. Thank your for your understanding!
- Picnicking is not permitted in or outside of the museum. Park facilities are available nearby at Memorial Park at 10th and Indian Hill Blvd. in Claremont.
- Professional photography and video equipment beyond a DSLR or handheld camera are not allowed without prior permission from museum staff. Drones are strictly prohibited on The Webb Schools campus.
- For more information, see our Visitor Information Page.
- Raymond Alf: A Life in Full July 2, 2018 A new biography on museum founder, Dr. Raymond Alf, is coming this Fall! The Raymond M. Alf Museum of Paleontology was named in honor of its founder Dr. Raymond Manfred Alf, ...
- World Class Collections Make a World Class Museum April 3, 2018 For decades, the Alf Museum has hosted stellar exhibits, students, staff, lab spaces, and fossils—yet, the collections storage space for priceless documents of past life did not match our aspirations ...
- Rare tooth find reveals horned dinosaurs in eastern North America June 7, 2017 New research from Augustyn Family Curator, Dr. Andy Farke A chance discovery in Mississippi provides the first evidence of an animal closely related to Triceratops in eastern North America. The fossil, ...
In the News
- Seeking Nominations: Raymond M. Alf Award for Excellence in Paleontological Research & Education February 7, 2018 The Raymond M. Alf Award for Excellence in Paleontological Research and Education honors a paleontologist who exhibits excellence both in original scientific research as well as in education and outreach at the ...
- Paleontologist & Educator Bolortsetseg Minjin Honored by Alf Museum October 18, 2017 Dr. Bolortsetseg Minjin, noted paleontologist and educator, has been selected as the third recipient of the Raymond M. Alf Award for Excellence in Paleontological Research and Education. The award honors ...
- Remembering Life Trustee Hugh Rose July 24, 2017 On July 4, 2017, the Raymond M. Alf Museum of Paleontology lost Hugh Rose, one of its most cherished leaders and supporters. At age 90, Hugh passed away from natural ...