The Alf Museum offers a loan kit program for educators of students in grades 2 to 4: the Classroom Science Connections Loan Kit! The Loan Kit Program provides teachers with everything they need to bring paleontology to the classroom and to teach major scientific concepts using fossils. The Loan Kit Program gives teachers greater flexibility in how and when they teach paleontology in the classroom; study can range from one day to several days and can lead to extended exploration of the science of fossils and ancient life.
Fees: $25 per loan kit
Request a Loan Kit
- Please read and review the Classroom Science Connection Loan Kit Guidelines before beginning your request.
- Review the Loan Kit Availability calendar below to select a pick-up date (entered on online form).
- Click here to begin your loan kit request online.
The “Dynamic Dinos” Loan Kit
Major concepts covered in the “Dynamic Dinos” loan kit include:
- What fossils are (and aren’t)
- What dinosaurs are (and aren’t)
- How dinosaurs are classified (saurischians and ornithischians)
- The Mesozoic world and its inhabitants
The “Dynamic Dinos” Loan Kit includes:
- A CD with a PowerPoint viewer presentation on the subject of fossils and dinosaurs
- 12 fossil replicas, including dinosaur teeth, claws, footprint and dinosaur egg
- 3 age-appropriate books from the museum library
- Hands-on activity worksheets and materials with instructions provided in the Educator Guide notebook.
For more information, please contact Kathy Sanders by telephone at 909-482-5225, or by email at email@example.com.