- This event has passed.
Discovery Day: Women in Paleontology
February 11, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
In celebration of Women in STEM, February’s Discovery Day is dedicated to the women in the field of paleontology. Meet special guests paleontologists as they share their stories and acheivements and learn about the women from history who paved the way for future paleontologists. Activities and books for kids of all ages. All are welcome!
Jessie Atterholt – The Webb Schools/ Alf Museum
Tara Lepore – The Webb Schools/ Alf Museum
Thierra Nalley – Western University
Katy Estes-Smargiassi – Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, Invertebrate Paleontology
Crystal Cortez – Dr. John D. Cooper Center
Rachel Racicot – Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, Dinosaur Institute
See the trailers for the Bearded Lady Project documentary (http://
Take the Pledge for Equality in the Sciences
Special Admission: $3.00
FREE, kids 4 and under
Cash or check only
Our Women in Paleontology celebration is almost here! Our museum crew is busy getting everything ready and we are excited for all our guests to join us. We expect Saturday to be very busy, so here are a few tips to help make Discovery Day as enjoyable and easy as possible for everyone!
1. Admission is $3.00 per person and CASH or CHECK only. (Kids 4 and under are free)
2. Please enter at the main driveway from West Baseline Road (not Webb Canyon Road).
3. Please follow all signs to the designated parking area. A drop-off/pick-up only area will be available directly in front of the museum.
4. Although the Alf Museum is open to the public, the rest of The Webb Schools campus is in use as a residential high school and is closed to visitors.
5. Picnicking is not permitted in or outside of the museum. Park facilities are available nearby at Memorial Park at 10th and Indian Hill Blvd. in Claremont.
Doors opens at Saturday at 1pm. We hope to see you all for Discovery Days at the Alf Museum!