Hours & Admission
- Monday through Friday: 8 am – 4 pm
- Saturday: 1 pm – 4 pm
- Sunday: Closed
- The museum will be closed on: April 13-15, July 4, 2017
- $6 per person; 4 and under are free.
- We accept cash or checks only, please
- The Alf Museum is located on the campus of The Webb Schools, at 1175 West Baseline Road, Claremont, California 91711.
- Please enter campus at the main driveway from West Baseline Road (not Webb Canyon Road).
- Although the Alf Museum is open to the public, the rest of The Webb Schools campus is in use as a residential high school and is closed to visitors. Thank your for your understanding!
- Picnicking is not permitted in or outside of the museum. Park facilities are available nearby at Memorial Park at 10th and Indian Hill Blvd. in Claremont.
- Professional photography and video equipment beyond a DSLR or handheld camera are not allowed without prior permission from museum staff. Drones are strictly prohibited on The Webb Schools campus.
- Spotlight: Cavity Mounts
30 May 2016
Fossils break. It happens. But that doesn’t mean we can’t try and prevent breaks in the first place.
In the News
- Seeking Nominations: Raymond M. Alf Award for Excellence in Paleontological Research & Education
The Raymond M. Alf Award for Excellence in Paleontological Research and Education honors a paleontologist who exhibits excellence both in original scientific research as well as in education and outreach at the primary and secondary school (K-12) levels.
- Video Highlights
Imagine being a teenager, and learning about the history of life with actual fossils at your fingertips; or the thrill of discovering a species new to science; or publishing a research project in an internationally-recognized scientific journal. These aren’t just hypotheticals at the Alf Museum. They are at the core of an innovative and unique […]