Hours & Admission
- Monday through Friday: 8 am – 4 pm
- Saturday: 1 pm – 4 pm
- Sunday: Closed
- The museum will be closed on: April 13-15, July 4, 2017
- $6 per person; 4 and under are free.
- We accept cash or checks only, please
- The Alf Museum is located on the campus of The Webb Schools, at 1175 West Baseline Road, Claremont, California 91711.
- Please enter campus at the main driveway from West Baseline Road (not Webb Canyon Road).
- Although the Alf Museum is open to the public, the rest of The Webb Schools campus is in use as a residential high school and is closed to visitors. Thank your for your understanding!
- Picnicking is not permitted in or outside of the museum. Park facilities are available nearby at Memorial Park at 10th and Indian Hill Blvd. in Claremont.
- Professional photography and video equipment beyond a DSLR or handheld camera are not allowed without prior permission from museum staff. Drones are strictly prohibited on The Webb Schools campus.
- Spotlight: Cavity Mounts
30 May 2016
Fossils break. It happens. But that doesn’t mean we can’t try and prevent breaks in the first place.
In the News
- Paleontologist and Educator DeVries Honored by Alf Museum
The Raymond M. Alf Museum of Paleontology recognized Dr. Thomas J. DeVries with the Alf Award for Excellence in Paleontological Research and Education at the annual Peccary Society dinner, held on October 21, 2017. The award honors a paleontologist who demonstrates exceptional achievement both in original scientific research, as well as in education and outreach at […]
- Video Highlights
Imagine being a teenager, and learning about the history of life with actual fossils at your fingertips; or the thrill of discovering a species new to science; or publishing a research project in an internationally-recognized scientific journal. These aren’t just hypotheticals at the Alf Museum. They are at the core of an innovative and unique […]