- Monday through Friday: 8 am – 4 pm
- Saturday: 1 pm – 4 pm
- Sunday: Closed
- Winter Closures: November 22 – 25, December 23 – January 2
- $6 per person; 4 and under are free.
- We accept cash or checks only, please
Know Before You Go
- The Alf Museum is located on the campus of The Webb Schools, at 1175 West Baseline Road, Claremont, California 91711.
- Please enter campus at the main driveway from West Baseline Road (not Webb Canyon Road).
- Although the Alf Museum is open to the public, the rest of The Webb Schools campus is in use as a residential high school and is closed to visitors. Thank your for your understanding!
- Picnicking is not permitted in or outside of the museum. Park facilities are available nearby at Memorial Park at 10th and Indian Hill Blvd. in Claremont.
- Professional photography and video equipment beyond a DSLR or handheld camera are not allowed without prior permission from museum staff. Drones are strictly prohibited on The Webb Schools campus.
- For more information, see our Visitor Information Page.
- Rare tooth find reveals horned dinosaurs in eastern North America June 7, 2017 New research from Augustyn Family Curator, Dr. Andy Farke A chance discovery in Mississippi provides the first evidence of an animal closely related to Triceratops in eastern North America. The fossil, ...
- Spotlight: Cavity Mounts May 30, 2016 Fossils break. It happens. But that doesn’t mean we can’t try and prevent breaks in the first place. One new way we are doing this at the museum is to ...
- Spotlight: Collections Manager Gabe Santos November 24, 2015 Gabriel Santos began work on September 1st as the Alf Museum‘s first ever collections manager, an endowed position funded by a generous gift from Gretchen Augustyn and family. Gabe will ...
In the News
- Paleontologist & Educator Bolortsetseg Minjin Honored by Alf Museum October 18, 2017 Dr. Bolortsetseg Minjin, noted paleontologist and educator, has been selected as the third recipient of the Raymond M. Alf Award for Excellence in Paleontological Research and Education. The award honors ...
- Remembering Life Trustee Hugh Rose July 24, 2017 On July 4, 2017, the Raymond M. Alf Museum of Paleontology lost Hugh Rose, one of its most cherished leaders and supporters. At age 90, Hugh passed away from natural ...
- Paleontologist and Educator DeVries Honored by Alf Museum February 10, 2017 The Raymond M. Alf Museum of Paleontology recognized Dr. Thomas J. DeVries with the Alf Award for Excellence in Paleontological Research and Education at the annual Peccary Society dinner, held on ...